Retirement

It took a few weeks to get the car over to Jessie's shop and in the mean time Jessie had stripped the engine, transmission, wiring, computer, and related stuff our of the Ranger.  This is where I got to do my thing and get my hands dirty.  Jessie assigned me the job of stripping the transmission off the engine, stripping al the parts off the engine, cleaning them, and painting all the bit back to 1962 colors.  This was a fun task for me and I learned a lot as time went on and I get better and more careful and accurate with each piece.  The idea of the colors was mine, to paint everything in period correct (1962) Ford colors.  The idea was to basically fool the quick onlooker that it was all original when in fact Ford never put a V6 into the Falcon, and it certainly did not have a computer or a fuel injection system.  All that stuff neatly stuffed behind or under other things making them hard to see unless you really was looking hard to find them.  Jessie and I had the brilliant thought that since it had a "choke" knob we would make use of it and turn it into a shut-off switch for the fuel pump.  Just so we could play jokes on onlookers and car shows... "look we even have to still give it some choke to get it started when its cold!"  We both laughed and to this day it is a "feature" of the car.

 

1993 Ford 4.0Ltr V6 engine installed!
1993 Ford 4.0Ltr V6 engine installed!

 

Posted by Phillip Seaman Monday, April 6, 2015 2:57:00 PM Categories: Begining Classic Car No Engine Original Condition
(c) 2014-2016 Phillip J. Seaman
Rate this Content 0 Votes

Comments

You must sign in to this site to post comments.
Already Registered?
Sign In
Not Yet Registered?
Register
Its easy to register with your Windows Live ID, no new passwords to remember.
  • RSS
  • Subscribe
This is the story behind how I found stripped, rebuilt, tested and drove my first Classic Car.  Some of it might be interesting while other parts just plain boring.  Sorry but that goes with the territory of building and owning a classic car.  A lot of hurry up and wait...
The first stage, mechanical, took exactly a year to the week to get from towing in an empty shell to driving it out onto the road with brakes working.
The second stage on the project took a lot less time.  It only took 4 weeks to get the bodywork and paint completed.  Of course it took me several weeks of hunting to find and get all the bits and pieces together before I booked the time at Diego's shop (Affordable Collision Center).  He promised me a 4 week time span... I made him sign a contract to that effect with a penalty of $100 per day over the 30 day period.

Statistics

  • Entries (18)
  • Comments (0)

 

It is now Sunday, 16th August, 2015

The car goes into Diego's tomorrow morning at 10am.... it will be a long 30 day wait!